Under this heading you will find a few recipes which have been published or televised during the past 20 years of our establishment’s existence.
From time to time, we shall renew these «culinary secrets» of our Chef Christine. Do experiment with them and let us know about your own results!
Good size unshelled shrimps, 5/person
¼ cup of olive oil
¼ cup of lemon juice
1 garlic clove
½ coffee spoon of 7- spices Lebanese mix
¼ coffee spoon of powdered coriander
¼ coffee spoon of powdered cumin
¼ coffee spoon of strong paprika
slices of lemon
1 red pepper and 1 green pepper
a few parsley sprigs
a few leaves of cos
Preparation of shrimps
Cut the shrimps all along the back in order to remove the black vein. Wash thoroughly under cold water and drain well.
Preparation of the vinaigrette
With an electric blender, mix the lemon juice, olive oil and the garlic clove till the mixture turns into a nice creamy sauce. Add salt to taste.
Over all preparation
Pour half of the vinaigrette in a bowl and add up the Lebanese 7-spice mix together with the coriander and the cumin. Mix well and allow the shrimps to marinate for at least two hours. Put the shrimps on a very hot grill and let them grill for no more than 3 minutes on each side. Lay down the shrimps on a bed of cos and decorate with slices of lemon, parsley and thinly sliced peppers.
Pour the remaining vinaigrette over the shrimps and serve them either as such or as an entrée with an accompaniment of rice and vegetables.
1sprig of fresh Italian parsley
1 large tomato
2 sprigs of fresh mint
¼ teaspoon of pepper
1teaspoon of cracked wheat
juice of 1 lemon
4 soupspoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper
• Remove stems and faded leaves from parsley, then finely cut the latter with single hits (do not hit twice exactly at the same spot). Wash and drain.
• Wash and drain thoroughly the tomato, parsley, scallions all the while keeping the green part of the latter.
• Dice the tomato into small cubes, finely chop mint and slice the white parts of scallions.
• Moisten the cracked wheat.
• Mix thoroughly fine herb, tomato, scallions and cracked wheat, and thicken with olive oil and lemon juice.
• Salt and pepper to taste
3 chicken breasts with their bones
1kg of minced beef
4 cups of rice
1 cup of peeled almonds
1 cup of pine nuts
½ cup of grinded pistachios
1teaspoon of Lebanese 7-spices
1 teaspoon of powdered coriander
5 or 6 grain of cardamom
1short stick of cinnamon
1 cup of canola oil
1 piece of lemon with its peel
Preparation of Chicken
Wash thoroughly the chicken breasts and lay them down in a pot filled with water. Add up cinnamon, lemon and cardamom. Bring to a boil and simmer till the chicken is fully cooked. Put both broth and chicken aside.
Preparation of nuts
Put canola oil in a saucepan and roast almonds and pine nuts separately. Put aside the roasted nuts and keep the saucepan and its oil.
Preparation of meat
Lay down the minced beef in the saucepan, add the 7-spices with coriander and cook for 6 or 7 minutes.
Over all preparation
• Add to prepared meat the rice that would have been washed and drained before.
• Pursue the cooking for 5 minutes more
• Add the chicken broth
• Bring all this preparation to a boil, lower the heat and let simmer until all liquid has evaporated.
• While cooking, you would have boned and diced the chicken
• To serve, lay down the beef and rice in a large plate and cover it with the chicken
• Garnish the dish with pine nuts and almonds and sprinkle everything with the grinded pistachios.